[erlang-questions] What do you like the most about Erlang/OTP?

Paul Barry paul.james.barry@REDACTED
Wed Aug 29 14:06:58 CEST 2012

For me, it's the way Erlang makes me think about what I'm trying to do
with my code.  I find I'm thinking more, understanding more, and
coding better.

On 29 August 2012 13:03, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> term_to_binary and binary_to_term
>
> It's incredibly useful to just flip backwards and forwards between
> internal and external
> representation of terms. Databases which can store *anything* sending
> *anything* over a socket
> encrypting *anything* become one-liners
>
> receive
>     F -> F()
> end
>
> /Joe
>
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am wondering what you guys like the most about Erlang/OTP, especially
>> newcomers, maybe it changed your life, allowed you to climb the Everest (or
>> at least sleep at night).
>>
>> I'll be synthesizing that into a few key points that I am hopeful will be
>> reusable by anyone wanting to sell Erlang to their friends/work/clients.
>>
>> So help me by telling us what's so good about it!
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Loïc Hoguin
>> Erlang Cowboy
>> Nine Nines
>> http://ninenines.eu

Paul Barry, w: http://paulbarry.itcarlow.ie - e: paul.barry@REDACTED
Lecturer, Computer Networking: Institute of Technology, Carlow, Ireland.