[erlang-questions] Exit status of C-port

Olivier Girondel olivier.girondel@REDACTED
Thu Aug 23 17:02:17 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I have a C executable which is run with open_port (spawn_executable,
streaming binary
and getting exit_status)

If/when the C code crashes, I (most of the time) correctly get an exit message
(eg: {exit_status, 134}), which is exactly what I want.

Sometimes though, I get an "exception exit" with the reason "epipe", which means
the port really crashed in a nasty way; but this exception is not catchable.

Apart from doing this another way (-yes, I really do want to
spawn()/run a program that might crash-),
what are the options ?

Thanks,

--
Olivier