[erlang-questions] [ANN] Ranch 0.4.0

André Graf andre@REDACTED
Wed Aug 22 13:44:46 CEST 2012

Hi Loïc

Wow that's awesome news, and thank you for the documentation! :)

One question remains: In
https://github.com/extend/ranch/blob/master/guide/listeners.md#listening-on-a-port--1024
you mention that it isn't possible to listen on well known ports, why
this limitation? If you start the node under a privileged user, or use
tools such as privbind or authbind it shouldn't be a problem at all,
right?

Cheers!
André