[erlang-questions] [ANN] Ranch 0.4.0

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Aug 22 13:30:38 CEST 2012

Hello,

The new Ranch is here. Ranch is an acceptor pool for TCP protocols.

   https://github.com/extend/ranch

The main work in this version was to remove the need for a very busy
central gen_server, which was set in priority high in previous versions.
This improved things for some and caused issues for others.

To fix this I took inspiration from my frequent use of gproc and ended
up using a similar but simpler approach (because we don't need to handle
that many use cases).

Many tests have been added, a simple example has been added, and most
importantly a complete user guide has been written.

   https://github.com/extend/ranch/blob/master/guide/toc.md

Please forward any comment, criticism, swearing or candy to me in any
way you prefer.

This version is what's going to be used in Cowboy 0.8.0. Cowboy master
will be updated in a few days with the new code. Be careful if you still
depend on "master" instead of "0.6.1"!

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy