[erlang-questions] Fwd: Erlang Job for $5000 in Saint-Petersburg

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri Apr 27 00:58:19 CEST 2012

On 26/04/2012, at 9:08 PM, Ivan Uemlianin wrote:

> fwiw colloquial British English uses "their" for his/her ("they" for he/she, and "them" for him/her).  It's quite serviceable.

However some native speakers of English find that unappealing.
In this case, as very often happens, the sentence could have been
easily reworded to say "your".

Note that English has _almost_ entirely abandoned grammatical
gender, so that people think of pronouns as referring to sex.
Other languages, like Russian, have not done this, and I wonder
whether the same issue arises there?