[erlang-questions] dynamic compilation of funs

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Tue Apr 24 10:54:44 CEST 2012

On 24 Apr 2012, at 10:41, Martin Dimitrov wrote:

> One more question: would it be inefficient to create a separate module
> for each function? I would have about 1000 of them.

I do believe the most complex erlang-based systems built have thousands of modules.

(E.g. the AXD 301 - and GPRS, which is roughly as complex, with more than 1M lines of code; I'm not sure what the average module size was, but would guess that it was < 1000 LOC).

There are no linear operations when addressing modules, except e.g. if you decide to list them all.

Interestingly, there is no limit mentioned in the Efficiency Guide regarding the number of modules. I guess there is no limit then. :)

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com