[erlang-questions] Tip&Tricks reducing memory footprint for gen_server ssl socket

Jeroen Koops koops.j@REDACTED
Sat Apr 21 18:15:03 CEST 2012

Hi Morgan,

If your SSL socket is mostly idle, the option { hibernate_after, integer() },
which can be passed as one of the options to ssl:connect or ssl:listen,
might help.

Regards,

Jeroen

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Morgan Segalis <msegalis@REDACTED> wrote:

> Does anyone would have an idea on how to reduce memory footprint for an
> Erlang gen_server ssl socket oriented ?
> Right now each client (gen_server) has a something like 128 Ko in memory.
> while in C++ I have more something like 40 Ko per client.
> I'm using gproc as a pub/sub, each client connected is stored in it.
>
> Like:
>
> - Changing the ssl cipher, would it change the memory footprint ?
> - Changing the buffer size ?
> - … ?
>
> I'm really looking for any idea that would drastically reduce memory
> footprint...
> Even system oriented advice would be good, like changing /proc/sys/tcp/*
>
> Thank you !
> mGs

Jeroen Koops

M: koops.j@REDACTED