[erlang-questions] Tip&Tricks reducing memory footprint for gen_server ssl socket

Morgan Segalis msegalis@REDACTED
Sat Apr 21 13:33:32 CEST 2012

Does anyone would have an idea on how to reduce memory footprint for an Erlang gen_server ssl socket oriented ?
Right now each client (gen_server) has a something like 128 Ko in memory. while in C++ I have more something like 40 Ko per client.
I'm using gproc as a pub/sub, each client connected is stored in it.

Like:

- Changing the ssl cipher, would it change the memory footprint ?
- Changing the buffer size ?
- … ?

I'm really looking for any idea that would drastically reduce memory footprint...
Even system oriented advice would be good, like changing /proc/sys/tcp/*

Thank you !
mGs