[erlang-questions] Null parameter for ODBC param_query

Avinash Dhumane avinash@REDACTED
Fri Apr 20 08:24:42 CEST 2012

I use the ODBC application of Erlang (presently, on R14B02) quite heavily
and with proprietary drivers like AS400 and Netezza.

I rely on odbc:sql_query() - even with parameters - more than on
odbc:param_query(). I use the latter only when to submit a batch of
INSERTs. With former, I construct the SQL string by duly substituting all
the parameter values and submit. So, the submission through ODBC becomes
exactly same as I would do on the SQL command-line interface tool provided
by the DBMS. Applying to your case, I would have done as follows:

lists:flatten(io_lib:fwrite("exec User_Read ~w", [Param])