[erlang-questions] Null parameter for ODBC param_query

Andy Richards andy.richards.iit@REDACTED
Thu Apr 19 15:24:16 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I found this previous unanswered post to the mailing list and I now face the same problem....

http://erlang.2086793.n4.nabble.com/NULL-parameter-for-ODBC-param-query-td3226735.html

> "Is it possible to use null values in a parameterised odbc param_query?
>
> example: odbc:param_query("exec User_Read ?", [{sql_integer, Param}]).  %
> Param is either an integer or null
>
> The odbc driver returns the 'null' atom when selecting rows, but I haven't
> found a value that allows me to specify a null parameter ('null', 'NULL',
> <<"null">>, etc...)"

According to the documentation value = null | term() however an exception is thrown if the atom null is used?

Has anyone come across this or are there any workarounds to this issue ?

I've already patched the c portion of the odbc driver to resolve a socket issue under Linux so I'm wondering if this module is used much in the Erlang world?

Many thanks,

Andy.