[erlang-questions] Erlang multicore on AMD: 24 cores (48 pseudocores)

Jon Watte jwatte@REDACTED
Fri Apr 20 04:51:46 CEST 2012

What is your bottleneck?
Amount of DRAM?
Available bandwidth to DRAM?
L1, L2 or L3 cache?
I/O?
Floating point performance?
Integer performance?
Hard-to-predict branchy logic code?

Depending on what the problem is you're trying to solve, different
architectures and ways of slicing the work will perform differently.

Sincerely,

Jon Watte

--
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to
the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and
~ Adopted by U.S. Congress, June 22, 1942