[erlang-questions] operate C data structure using Erlang

Kannan vasdeveloper@REDACTED
Mon Apr 16 12:22:17 CEST 2012

Hi Jovi,

Since the communication is in between Erlang and C nodes, you don't have to
worry about marshaling/un-marshaling the data at the Erlang node side. You
can send and receive 'messages' in the 'record tuple' format. But, at the
C node side, you have the work. You will have to hand code
marshaling/un-marshaling routines to populate the Erlang ‘records’ or to
populate the C structures.

It very simple to edit C structures into Erlang records. I don’t think you
will have to invent an interpreter for that. May be, you want to have a
utility to generate marshaling/un-marshaling routines in C, from your C
structures.

If you are familiar with C preprocessor techniques, you can simply write a
reusable module to generate marshaling/un-marshaling routines, and of
course relevant Erlang records, with the help of a ‘definition file’.

Kannan.