[erlang-questions] operate C data structure using Erlang

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Mon Apr 16 11:41:42 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:33, Jovi Zhang <bookjovi@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently I'm working a Erlang project which need send msg represent by C
> language data structure.
> I know that Erlang have record represent by tuple, Is there have any open
> source project aim on resolve this problem?
> generate record format for C data structure automatically? note that there
> have many C data structure need to transform.
>
> There have JSON and protobuf, but none is toward plain C data structure, I
> cannot change the message protocol now because Erlang node need to
> communicate with C node.
>
> .jovi

Erlang has absolutely awesome tools to work with binaries. You will be
able to parse and create binaries you want, including binary which can
be represented with C structs. Of course assuming you are talking
about parsing C structs which have been transported to Erlang via a
network :)

Best,
Gleb