[erlang-questions] Is there an accepted way of including GPL code in a project?

Alan Evans alanrevans@REDACTED
Fri Apr 13 11:57:35 CEST 2012

Hello list,

I'm thinking about using some GPL code in a project I'm working on.
Namely the SIGTRAN stack from the osmocom project
(http://cgit.osmocom.org/cgit/erlang)
Is there a recognized way to incorporate GPL code in an erlang project
without making the whole project subject to the GPL license?

I haven't yet decided whether or not to make my project open source.

My thinking is that if I isolate all the GPL code to a particular
Erlang node then only the modules running on that node need to be GPL
or GPL compatible, I am free to license the modules running on the
other nodes any way I wish.

Any thoughts? Other than the obvious "ask a lawyer" response :-)

Thanks in advance
AlanE.