[erlang-questions] Make failing on Centos 5.8 for R15B01

Erik Søe Sørensen eriksoe@REDACTED
Thu Apr 12 21:58:35 CEST 2012

Den 12. apr. 2012 18.53 skrev Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED>:

> On 04/12/2012 06:21 PM, Erik Søe Sørensen wrote:
>
>> Can you build Erlang with Hipe disabled, perhaps?
>> I don't know if you're planning on using Hipe, of course, but that
>> component appears to be the stumbling block for the build process.
>>

> Can you provide some evidence for this claim, or you are just guessing
> that HiPE is a problem just because it's the first piece of Erlang code
> that gets compiled and (naturally) things break in that compilation?

That was just a guess. I believed it to be a qualified one, but upon
reading the compile log closer I see that "pthread aborting while erlc is
running" doesn't exactly point towards a HiPE problem...
(Darn those small phone screens. Also, I assumed that the compile log was
just an excerpt.)

Sorry about being too hasty there...