[erlang-questions] erlang gen_tcp:connect/3 not working with rpc:call/4, anyone knows why?

Magnus Klaar magnus.klaar@REDACTED
Thu Sep 22 16:53:45 CEST 2011

Hi!

If it uses native lookups we can assume that getaddrinfo is broken when it
is called from the detached node.
This narrows down the search for the cause of this issue to a more general
problem with getaddrinfo on os-x,
leading us to this thread:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/unix-porting/2010/Jul/msg00001.html

You could try just adding nohup to the command that you're executing using
ssh. Although i have a hard
time seeing how this would work. An erlang node started with -detached
should ignore HUP signals (afaik).

MVH Magnus