[erlang-questions] erlang gen_tcp:connect/3 not working with rpc:call/4, anyone knows why?

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Thu Sep 22 14:46:56 CEST 2011

On 21 September 2011 19:48, Allen Kim <allen.kim@REDACTED> wrote:

> I don't see any difference from outputs from the following commands.
> It both uses native lookup.
> Anyway, it is not a big deal since I do not use Mac for staging nor
> production. it's only for development.
>
> However, I hope it's better to be consistent on all kind of *nix
> environment.
> Or, it could be me only.
>
> Any Mac user who what to test this?

Yes I've noticed similar problems before:
http://hyperthunk.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/things-i-always-forget-about-resolving-erlang-nodes-on-localhost/

I don't know if the issues are connected, but it does seem like OSX
"badness" as on various linuxes and solaris it doesn't seem to crop up at
all.