[erlang-questions] Escript and multiple OTP application archives (*.ez) or handling dependencies in an escript

Eric Merritt ericbmerritt@REDACTED
Mon Sep 19 16:56:58 CEST 2011

Hey guys,

 I am looking at escript and wondering how to go about distributing
more then one OTP app in an escript. That is, a project and it's
dependencies.

 From the documentation and tests on my part that validate that it
looks like escript:create can have one of an escript or a code archive
(one and only one) as its body. From reading the docs on code archives
an archive may contain one and only one OTP Application and be named
for that OTP Application.

Unless I am missing something, which could be very true, it looks like
an escript must conform to one of the following.

 - All dependencies must be on the users box (ie part of the erlang
distribution)
 - All dependencies must be copied into a single OTP Application

I am hoping that I am wrong on this as these constraints are a problem.

Eric