[erlang-questions] Erlang and beam-based scripting languages.

George Catalin Serbanut cgsmcmlxxv@REDACTED
Tue Sep 13 14:41:05 CEST 2011

Hi, Max,

I don't know if I understood correctly, but what you are looking for is kind
of web server. Is that statement correct? If yes, see YAWS (Yet Another Web
Server - http://yaws.hyber.org/).

Other options:
1. If you look for a database (with web pages capability), see CouchDB (
http://couchdb.apache.org/).
2. If you look for a messenger-like server, see Ejabberd (
http://www.ejabberd.im/).
3. If you are looking for messenger-like client, see Exmpp (
https://support.process-one.net/doc/display/EXMPP/exmpp+home).
4. If you are looking to pass arguments to a process in a dynamic way via a
configuration file, see os:cmd/1 function from Erlang (e.g., Customer =
"Max", CustomerPhoneNumber = os:cmd("cat phone_agend.txt | grep
\""++Customer++"\" | awk'{print $2}' ", or Type = "video", Video =
"crazy_cow", os:cmd("exec $(cat mime.cfg | grep \""++Type++"\" | awk
'{printf("%s", $2)}')  "++Video)), where in mime.cfg you put a line `video
vlc'). Just use your imagination here. ;)

I hope this will help you. Good luck!

Cheers,
CGS