[erlang-questions] When to catch (was: Module config data and functional programming)

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Mon Sep 5 01:54:30 CEST 2011

On Sep 3, 8:31 pm, Daniel Dormont <d...@REDACTED> wrote:
> When is "catch" the right tool for the job?

I'm going to simply repeat some advice I got from (IIRC) Robert
Virding, which was given to me a while back, and which has thoroughly
resonated for me...

"Protect the boundary of your system, inside let it crash".

To go further than the question you asked, you could possibly also
explore the ideas behind Joe Armstrong's "man in the middle" as
exemplified by UBF contracts.

HTH,

/s