[erlang-questions] [ANN] LETS - LevelDB-based Erlang Term Storage v0.5.3

Ciprian Dorin Craciun ciprian.craciun@REDACTED
Mon Nov 21 12:14:33 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:58, Joseph Norton <norton@REDACTED> wrote:

> Ciprian -
>
> Yes, your guess is correct.
>
> Joseph Norton
> norton@REDACTED

    :D, but then the second question appears:
    * does this affect the performance in any way? (from what I've
seen in their code, they also use some kind of iterator to implement
`Get`;)
    * is there a reason not to use the `std::string`? (is it
inefficient from the C++ point of view, or it is when combined with
Erlang?)

    I'm not in any way criticizing your work (actually when I've
studied the LevelDB code I also thought to use the iterator for
reads).

    I just want to learn from your experience by not making the same
mistake twice. :)

    Thanks,
    Ciprian.