[erlang-questions] Wait-Free practical algorithms in C?

Zabrane Mickael zabrane3@REDACTED
Sat Nov 12 12:58:58 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

wait-free algorithms are very hard to implement practically (thus hard to find).
A friend of mine tell me that even the Oracle database uses lock-free data structures.
That's why people tend to fallback to lock-free data structures.

Here's the best and only pointer I found on the subject:
http://www.1024cores.net/home/lock-free-algorithms/introduction

Unfortunately, the described  wait-freedom is useless for me as I'm looking for a concrete
example (eg. linked lists, hash tables or anything else).

Regards
Zabrane