[erlang-questions] Wait-Free practical algorithms in C?

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Sat Nov 12 11:47:17 CET 2011

I think this is just confusion over the terms, see this link:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4211180/examples-illustration-of-wait-free-and-lock-free-algorithms

I believe that when the top comment says "lock-free/wait-free programs are typically implemented without locks, using low-level primitives such as CAS instructions." at the end, they are mainly talking about wait-free programs.  I think it makes sense to look at CAS and LL/SC usage in data structures to find examples that can make wait-free programs or algorithms, since all the data structures that wait-free programs or algorithms use should be lock-free.