[erlang-questions] Help my with Chat System

Summer nguyen summer0nguyen@REDACTED
Wed Nov 2 04:58:18 CET 2011

Hello experts,
My job is implementing a Chat System between a Web user ( Comet client) and
a Swing Desktop Client.
After searching google, I found a topic of a Facebook Engineer that make me
choose Erlang:
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=14218138919

So I'm very new to Erlang and Thrift.
After studying , Here is my solution:

   1. Comet Server ( using Erlang)
      - Accept Comet Clients
      - If the client is New, Call *Processing Server  *using Thrift to
      generate an *ID *for him.
      - Store *Response Object* in a Dict using the abobe *ID*
      - Get Message from Comet Client and Call *Processing Server  *using
      Thrift to send Message to Swing Desktop Client
      - Open a *Thrift Server Service (1*) that listen from *Processing
      Server* action: send message to ID xxx ( and then response to the
      right comet Client)
      2. Processing Server ( Using Java)
      - Accept Swing Desktop Client
      - Open a *Thrift Server Service (2)* that listen from* Comet
Server*actions: generate ID, send message ( and then Send to Swing
Desktop Client)
      - Receive message from Swing Desktop Client , then Call *Comet
      Server  *using Thrift to send Message to Comet Client

Please give me advice if Erlang have a better solution for me.
If you don't understand my idea, please tell me. My english is not good.
Thank you very much.

--
Name: Nguyen Huu Ha
HCMC University of Technology