[erlang-questions] Mnesia and Riak

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter@REDACTED
Wed Nov 2 01:27:07 CET 2011

I really like Mnesia and don't so much care about the 2GB limitation as I
do the lack of support from hosting providers.

The only other mature database that support storing Erlang data structures
directly that I know of is Riak. I've used Riak and I found it very easy to
work with but its feature set isn't really what I'm looking for.

By that I mean I don't need a Dynamo clone. Basically I want Mnesia but as
easy to get hosting for as Riak on Joyent :)

Now that Riak has secondary indexes maybe I can achieve the query
performance I'd want? Does anyone know how these (mnesia read/write and
Riak read/write) compare?

Has anyone thought of the possibility for a mnesia API interface to a Riak
backend? Particularly functions like match_object.

Tristan