[erlang-questions] problems getting bigwig deps

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Nov 1 15:39:35 CET 2011

On 11/01/2011 02:06 PM, Paul Oliver wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Tim Watson <watson.timothy@REDACTED> wrote:
>> On 1 November 2011 12:52, Paul Oliver <puzza007@REDACTED> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've updated Bigwig to use extend's version of cowboy.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/beamspirit/bigwig
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Paul.
>>
>> Are you likely to continue adding features to bigwig, or is it on hold for
>> the time being?
>
> I'm definitely keen to progress it.  I'd like to add multi node
> support.  Do you have any suggestions?

At the very least separate the probing of data from the display side
into two (or more) applications. That way we can just deploy probes on
nodes we want to monitor and have a separate node with just the server
application running. Also would save the trouble for people needing a
specific version of cowboy different than yours on their server.

I'd personally go for many small probes with a common interface for data
retrieval, that way you can choose the probes to include, maybe write
your own independently from the bigwig project, etc.

We should speak together before the 15th as I'll need to work on that by
then. :)

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend