[erlang-questions] Calling multiple processes simultaneously

Edmond Begumisa ebegumisa@REDACTED
Mon May 23 22:50:54 CEST 2011

Another option...

call_gen_servers(Pids) ->
     Ref = erlang:make_ref(),
     Caller = self(),
     lists:foreach(fun(P) ->
                     spawn_link(fun() ->
                                     {reply, ok, _} = gen_server:call(foo,
bar),
                                     Caller ! {self(), Ref}
                                end).
                   end, Pids),
     ok = wait_gen_servers(length(Pids), Ref).

wait_gen_servers(0, _) ->
     ok;
wait_gen_servers(N, Ref) ->
     receive