[erlang-questions] DRY principle and the syntax inconsistency in fun vs. vanilla functions

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri May 20 12:15:09 CEST 2011

On 20/05/2011, at 11:20 AM, Frédéric Trottier-Hébert wrote:

> I don't agree with complaints either -- I have no issue with Erlang's syntax, lisp/scheme/racket's syntax or any other language. The reality, however, is that while programmers can pick up Erlang's syntax quickly, there's still an initial struggle to break what has been committed to muscle memory by many of the people I have taught it to.

Perhaps the biggest obstacle might be that = does not mean assignment,
or else that alphabetic case *does* matter but cannot be chosen freely.

Neither of which is something I'd change.