[erlang-questions] 'reply-to' header in this mailing list

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitrii@REDACTED
Wed May 18 14:36:49 CEST 2011

I'd disagree with you on that. I receive an email from the list. I send my emails to the list. It's one sender and one recepient. So I expect Reply-To to send my email back to the list.

Moreover, if you hit "Reply All", you'll end up sending multiple emails to seemingly random people:

Right now this email will be sent To: Richard O'Keefe, CC: Alexandr Krasnukhin, Erlang Questions.  Both you and Alexandr will end up with two copies of my letter (one sent directly from me and one sent from the mailing list). This is clearly not the behaviour I'd want when I want to reply to a message from the mailing list.

The number of recepients varies depending on which email you reply to, but the idea is the same. Instead of sending one email to one recepient (the list) I end up spamming people :)

So what do I have do now? I have to delete all the extra emails and move Erlang Questions to the "To:" field. This way I increase the chance that the recepient(s) will also reply to the list and not to me directly.