[erlang-questions] 'reply-to' header in this mailing list

Wed May 18 14:30:26 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 05:07:50PM +0200, Alexander Krasnukhin wrote:
> Yes, yes. I've got this. People from telecom will always rely on standards
> instead of people expectations. Good. Right. Understandable.

There are standards and often conflicting standards. We have already
made a delibirate choiche of which standards we believe in.

There are different people expecting different things.
Newcomers to a list should not expect that all oldtimers
expect the same as themselves.

If this list behaviour feels differently than other list it
depends which lists you regard as the other. Many lists
today are really Google groups, and they seem to have chosen
to violate Internet standards since they are more like a
forum, and in forums private messages do not exist.

The default setting for both Majordomo and Mailman is to
not munge Reply-To, and their documentation discourages
changing this. All mailing lists at e.g openbsd.org
do not munge Reply-To.