[erlang-questions] Odd behavior when sending emails via SMTP when messages are converted to/from binaries

Travis Jensen travis.jensen@REDACTED
Mon May 16 16:09:44 CEST 2011

+1 on this. gen_smtp went into place trivially and just worked.

tj

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Andrew Thompson <andrew@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 07:34:52PM -0700, Chris Hicks wrote:
> >
> > I honestly don't know why I thought that there wasn't a list_to_binary
> function...I suppose thats what you get for programming late into the night.
> I believe it was on How I Met Your Mother that I heard the phrase "Nothing
> good ever happens after 2am." I should probably take that to heart when it
> comes to coding.
> >

> Just out of curiosity, are you aware that libraries for constructing and
> sending MIME email are already present as part of the gen_smtp project?
>
> Might save you some some time and further headaches.
>
> Andrew

*Travis Jensen*
***
*Read the Software Maven @ http://softwaremaven.innerbrane.com/
Read my LinkedIn profile @ http://www.linkedin.com/in/travisjensen
Read my Twitter mumblings @ http://twitter.com/SoftwareMaven
Send me email @ travis.jensen@REDACTED

**What kind of guy calls himself the Software Maven???**