[erlang-questions] Odd behavior when sending emails via SMTP when messages are converted to/from binaries

Andrew Thompson andrew@REDACTED
Mon May 16 03:41:04 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 07:34:52PM -0700, Chris Hicks wrote:

> I honestly don't know why I thought that there wasn't a list_to_binary function...I suppose thats what you get for programming late into the night. I believe it was on How I Met Your Mother that I heard the phrase "Nothing good ever happens after 2am." I should probably take that to heart when it comes to coding.

Just out of curiosity, are you aware that libraries for constructing and
sending MIME email are already present as part of the gen_smtp project?

Might save you some some time and further headaches.

Andrew