[erlang-questions] json in erlang

Paolo Negri paolo.negri@REDACTED
Thu Jun 30 09:14:39 CEST 2011

Not related to the eep but we're successfully using jiffy [1] which
implements a json parser as a NIF, we preferred it to mochijson2
because of garbage production and cpu usage factors.
We previously used a NIF related to the eep [2] but had some
limitation we couldn't live with.

In the couchdb master repo I've seen popping up ejson [3] another NIF
implementation which has also been extracted in its own project [4], I
never tried nor I know any detail about ejson but I'd like to have
some more information about it and the plan for its inclusion in a
stable couchdb release.

Both jiffy and ejson use yajl [5] which is a json parser/generator
written in ANSI C which is widely used.

[1] https://github.com/davisp/jiffy
[2] https://github.com/davisp/eep0018
[3] https://github.com/apache/couchdb/tree/trunk/src/ejson