[erlang-questions] Best Linux Distro for Erlang Devel

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Tue Jun 28 20:55:17 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Tom Murphy <amindfv@REDACTED> wrote:

>  If my choice of Lunix distro depended 100% on its solidness as an
> Erlang devel platform (completeness of base, packages, stability,
> support, robustness), what would you all recommend?

I like Arch, which is a solid "rolling release" distro. I've found the
ecosystem to be consistent with their religion:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/The_Arch_Way

Arch has a friendly packager that would let you build software (e.g.
say you wanted a particular variant of Erlang) that fit cleanly into
the system package management scheme.

Garrett