[erlang-questions] Half word emulators and NIFs

Sverker Eriksson sverker@REDACTED
Mon Jun 27 12:03:15 CEST 2011

Have you tested with a debug built emulator. That may catch faulty NIF
behaviors earlier. Otherwise if a NIF builds broken terms on the process
heap it might not be discovered until later when those terms are matched
or maybe garbage collected.

There is no difference to make NIF's for the halfword emulator. Just use
the NIF API as intended and don't cheat (make assumptions about
sizeof(ERL_NIF_TERM) for example).

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP