[erlang-questions] Spawnfest Erlang Contest reminder!

Frédéric Trottier-Hébert fred.hebert@REDACTED
Thu Jun 23 23:05:46 CEST 2011

Hey there everyone,

This is a reminder for all interested people that spawnfest is going to take place in two weeks from today. Spawnfest is the first edition of an annual 48 hour Erlang development competition where you can compete against other developers in building the best, most breathtaking Erlang application, library or anything you like.

The contest aims to let people flex their Erlang muscles and showcase awesome things they can do, but also aims to bring the community together and boost the interest towards the language. Teams of one to four members can subscribe to the contest by submitting the required info to our form (http://spawnfest.com/take-part/). Note that if you don't have a team and do not want to be a team of one, we have another form to help find potential teammates (http://spawnfest.com/find-a-team/).

The contest commences at midnight Saturday 9th of July, 2011 00:00:00 GMT+0 and ends on Sunday 10th of July, 2011 23:59:59 GMT+0. The full set of rules is available at http://spawnfest.com/rules/

Our judging team is:
- Bob Ippolito, CTO and co-founder of Mochi Media Inc;
- Justin Sheehy, CTO at Basho Technologies;
- Robert Virding, Co-Inventor of Erlang and Erlang Solutions Principal Language Expert;
- Ulf Wiger, CTO of Erlang Solutions.

And we have prizes! See them on our prize page (http://spawnfest.com/prizes/). We're always hunting for more prizes, so let us know if you're interested in providing any.

I'll leave you with this little 'promotional' video: http://vimeo.com/22360540, and I hope we've sparked your interest.

--