[erlang-questions] Joe Armstrong's proposal for a test/benchmark implementation

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitrii@REDACTED
Fri Jun 17 14:05:58 CEST 2011

Now that a week passed since Erlang Factory, I suddenly remembered one thing we talked during the Birds of a Feather discussion.

I think it was originally Joe Armstrong's idea, but I could be wrong.

The idea was to build a more-or-less simple site that would force the user to login, do something on the site and then logout. We could build this in various languages (and I assume frameworks) and see how Erlang performs in comparison to other languages. This would not be a purely synthetic test like those on Debian Shootout, but a more or less real-world scenario.

I remember myself saying that we could take the dscussion to the list and and arrive at a basic idea how to do this.

So here it is — the idea. Is anyone still interested?