[erlang-questions] mochijson2 decode

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Tue Jun 7 15:34:56 CEST 2011

In a string you need to escape the quotes so that the parser can know
when the string ends. This is required in essentially any programming
language. In some languages you may be able to use a different quote
character for your string, but in Erlang there is only one so
embedding strings with lots of quotes does look noisy. In practice
this isn't a problem because most of your JSON is going to be coming
from the network or disk and not embedded in Erlang source strings.