[erlang-questions] Erlang and Memory management

Wenqiang Song wsong.cn@REDACTED
Thu Jun 2 10:53:44 CEST 2011

A related question, for code like following:
test(<<255, T/binary>>) ->
    ok;
test(<<_, T/binary>>) ->
    test(T).

Does Erlang copy the input binary for each recursion? If the input is huge,
it would be very low efficient. If so, what should we do?

Thanks
Andy