[erlang-questions] newbie web-development advice / guidance

Icarus Alive icarus.alive@REDACTED
Fri Jul 29 15:16:40 CEST 2011

Would appreciate if my thread wasn't hijacked :-)... although gotta
agree that our scenarios are quite similar.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Banibrata Dutta
<banibrata.dutta@REDACTED> wrote:
> Thanks @Marc, for taking time to reply this this mail.
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Marc Worrell <marc@REDACTED> wrote:
>>
>> It mostly depends on what kind of web development you want to do.
>>
>> Is it more of a mobile application than a publishing web site?

In my case, content characteristics are:
1. Always originating from single source
2. Always consumed by single user
3. Content has short lifetime - once consumed, will be archived
4. Each user has several hundreds of content display to her in "newest
first" fashion

>> Does is have specific authentication schemes?
>> Etc. Etc.
>
> Honestly, haven't given this enough thought. One of the requirements is to
> ensure privacy of user data, and that of the interaction. I'm yet to figure
> out the "how" part.

Well in my case it has to be some strong authentication. Storage,
archival and access has to conform to HIPAA compliance. So we know we
are dealing with EMR type content.