[erlang-questions] trouble with erlang or erlang is a ghetto

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitrii@REDACTED
Thu Jul 28 16:26:47 CEST 2011

On Jul 28, 2011, at 3:01 AM, Richard O'Keefe wrote:

> It might be interesting to run some sort of poll to see what currently
> unsupported areas people care about most, particularly the people who
> would say "I'd like to use Eiffel but I cannot because it does not
> have library support for <whatever>."

You might want to split such a poll in several groups — one for hackers/enthusiasts/early adopters and one "for the average programmer".

Because the results will be quite different.

The first group would probably want  something like worker pools, various protocol implementations, control structures or what not.
The second group would want image manipulation libraries on par with imagemagick, full PCRE support (with unicode!) and a unified database driver a la JDBC.

Some of these choices may overlap, but not all of them.

Dmitrii Dimandt
dmitrii@REDACTED

Erlang in Russian
http://erlanger.ru/