[erlang-questions] [ANN] Lager - a new logging framework for Erlang/OTP

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Fri Jul 22 16:21:09 CEST 2011

> It just works because erlyvideo serves 300-4000 simultaneous clients.
> They provide not too much logging events.

Cool - I'm quite interested in comparing the three (mentioned) so
maybe instead of taking my logging framework beyond its current (very
early) stage, I will write a little library to provide a logging API
and swap out at compile and/or runtime the actual logging framework
being used. That might be more useful in general than yet another
logging library.

> When error_logger brings down erlang vm, it happens because of wrong
> matching with large state, or dumping message queue or last message.
>
> That is why gen_server also need fix

Ok that's good to know - thanks for pointing this out.