[erlang-questions] [ANN] Lager - a new logging framework for Erlang/OTP

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Fri Jul 22 15:47:29 CEST 2011

On Friday, July 22, 2011, Tim Watson <watson.timothy@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 22 July 2011 10:42, Tim Watson <watson.timothy@REDACTED> wrote:
>>> It has been tested for several times and considered a VM OOM killer,
>>> when you have to deal more than
>>> with 1 MB of state.
>>
>> I believe this is why riak_err was created - to limit the amount of
>> memory being consumed.
>>

>>> This is why it is one of the first things, done in erlyvideo: turn off
>>> error_logger
>>>

> So looking at erlyvideo, I notice that you're using log4erl - I take
> it that you've tested this and are satisfied with its performance? How
> did you benchmark it?

It just works because erlyvideo serves 300-4000 simultaneous clients.
They provide not too much logging events.

When error_logger brings down erlang vm, it happens because of wrong
matching with large state, or dumping message queue or last message.

That is why gen_server also need fix