[erlang-questions] [ANN] Lager - a new logging framework for Erlang/OTP

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Thu Jul 21 23:50:01 CEST 2011

> With regard to more configurable formatting, that's something I'd like
> to work on, but I don't want it to be too expensive. Maybe I can do some
> compile-time voodoo with like -DFORMAT_STRING="..." and use that to
> optimize how values are captured and formatted at compile time.

So fastlog_util compiles its logging patterns at runtime into a fun,
which does little more than extract certain record fields from the
logging record (which the parse_transform produces) - and replace
their values in the format string. That seemed fairly efficient to me.

I'll have a look at mochiglobal - sounds interesting.