[erlang-questions] remsh

vincent dephily vincent.dephily@REDACTED
Sat Jul 16 14:21:59 CEST 2011

2011/7/15, Jon Watte <jwatte@REDACTED>:
> Why wouldn't an rpc that does an eval() of erlang "shell" code input work?
> Seems easier than faking window-system-specific keycodes...

I believe the code from my previous mail (requoted below) is as close
as it gets to what you suggest. Unless I've missed a public API that
is simpler than the scan/parse/eval dance I've used here, in which
case I'd love some pointers.

But I think that kind of solution is a missed opportunity for
/usr/bin/erl anyway : we've got an amazing "-remsh" feature (which, if
I understand correctly, is implemented partially at the VM level ?),
but it is hampered by the impossibility of feeding code into it. I
*can* get things done with rpc (plus eval if necessary), but that's
much more complicated than it should be.

--
Vincent de Phily