[erlang-questions] Best Practices: Localization of Erlang Applications. Also, Error Messages!

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Thu Jul 14 01:53:15 CEST 2011

Given that "strings" are either ambiguous or implicitly constrained
inventions of data representation, then you may consider applying
something along the lines of:

-record(text, {value, charset = utf8, locale = 'us-en'}).

...to all user-viewable messages. The transformation would use
whatever hideously ambiguous or implicitly constrained "string" that
bubbles up from infrastructure as the "key" to that tuple value.

BTW This problem isn't really an erlang/otp but one that every
platform that I have ever investigated. What makes erlang different is
that you can easily forsee a potential, and implementable, solution to
this legacy issue in CS.

/s