[erlang-questions] WTF?

Andrew Thompson andrew@REDACTED
Thu Jul 7 22:07:40 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 12:58:30PM -0700, Mike Oxford wrote:
> Using lib_dirs "../.." is, from what I understand, the canonical way
> of doing things and is in every tutorial I've ever seen.
>
> Given that environment build variables are not really an option, and
> not all developers on a project will have an explicit FQP to build
> from.... how would you suggest it be handled?

Look at how riak does it, it has a toplevel project that contains
nothing but the release scripts, all the code is under deps. This avoids
the problem of the parent directory contaminating the path when reltool
looks for directories.

Alternately I came up with an ugly hack with symlinks and a pre-compile
hook:

https://github.com/OpenACD/OpenACD/blob/master/pre_compile.sh#L17

Andrew