[erlang-questions] Erlang Web Servers challenge

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Thu Jul 7 05:02:10 CEST 2011

I'm thinking that the real comparison that everyone would like to see
(obviously) would be to build a full web application infrastructure
using various current technologies and with all the regression bases
covered and major stress tests.... for an app like facebook.

Of course, you'd need to use the best expertise from each technology
domain to make sure the comparison was even slightly "fair".

And of course, this would require such a monumental investment it
could never be done (what's more most all platforms never manage to
test themselves until put into the wild).

So we are left making value judgements over and over again.

So I'm thinking: What exactly is the value of this test beyond serving
favicons (i'd choose nginx for that probably)?

My negative 2c. :(

/s