[erlang-questions] Erlang Web Servers challenge

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Mon Jul 4 19:52:47 CEST 2011

On 07/04/2011 07:41 PM, Zabrane Mickael wrote:
>>> I don't really understand where the challenge is.
>
> The challenge as stated is very really simple.
> How fast you can serve a 100 bytes files with your web server "Cowboy" for example in less than a second.

Only yaws is suited for this "challenge", the others aren't meant to
serve files and would be better coupled with something like cherokee or
nginx deployed on multiple servers each using separate domains.

Even yaws with sendfile would probably be beaten by the C servers for
that purpose. Though I guess measuring that one would be interesting.

>> Also yaws should be faster considering it supports sendfile whereas the
>> others don't without much additional work beforehand. So regardless of
>> the server being used you'd probably just be benchmarking sendfile and
>> not the servers.
>
> Don't suppose anything (sendfile) before benchmarking it Loïc.

I don't suppose anything. Kernel cache is faster than userland cache.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend