[erlang-questions] Erlang project dependency management/build tools

Baishampayan Ghose b.ghose@REDACTED
Wed Jan 19 08:04:43 CET 2011

Martin,

> if you want to use faxien to install application dependencies into
> totally self directed locations try this
>
> faxien fetch-app <app-name> [app-vsn] <path-to-install>
>
> for example
>
> faxien fetch-app ibrowse $HOME/my_erlang_lib
>
> Does this help?

Thanks, that works as expected. Now to the next step. Is there any way
for Sinan to invoke Faxien with a custom directory directive (just
like you suggested now)? I would prefer to have a config file with
just the dependencies listed and ideally Sinan should just invoke
Faxien to bring in those dependencies into a predetermined directory
inside my code-base.

That would vastly improve my workflow. In this respect I like the way
how Rebar works, it lets me declare my dependencies in the config file
and it brings them in nicely into my project directory.

Regards,
BG

--
Baishampayan Ghose